Your Plantronics Savi W740 headset is normally hardwired to your desk phone and your computer. Want to make it more flexible so you can take the earpiece on business trips or to the boardroom to connect to your Laptop? Here’s how:
The optional D100 USB adapter enables you to continue to use your headset with your computer wherever you need to travel. Add the USB Deluxe Charging kit with spare battery, and you leave the Savi W700 base in the office and use your Savi W740 ear piece with your laptop softphone and other voice applications while away from the office.
Follow the procedure below to subscribe/pair your headset to the adapter.
1. Plug your D100 into a USB port on your Laptop.
If your earpiece is still active with the Savi W700 Base, follow steps 2 and 3. Otherwise skip to step 4.
2. Lift the earpiece from the W700 Base.
3. Make sure the connection between between the earpiece and the Base is off (green LED on left side of base is off)
4. Double click the subscription button on the outer tip of the D100. The D100 LED strip will begin flashing Red/Green.
5. Press and hold the volume-up button on the headset until the headset LED turns solid White and the D100 LED turns solid Green. The headset and D100 are now subscribed to one another.
Note: If the process is not successful, the USB adapter indicator light glows solid red for four seconds and then returns to its previous state. If this occurs, try the process again.
6. Select the Call Control button on the Earpiece to activate the connection between headset and Laptop. The D100 LED will flash Green while connection is active.
To return call connection to the Savi W700 Base, simply mount the W700 earpiece in the base. Headset-to-Base subscription will be restored automatically after a few seconds.
Or use the over-the-air subscription procedure:
1. With your system idle and your headset undocked, press and hold the subscription button on the base for three seconds. The Power on/subscription light will flash white.
2. Press and hold the volume up button on the headset for three seconds until the headset LED turns solid white. When the Power on/subscription LED on the base becomes solid white, the headset and base are subscribed to one another.
83550-01 – D100 DECT USB Adapter for standard UC
83876-01 – D100-M DECT USB Adapter for Microsoft Lync & Office Communicator 2007
84603-01 – USB Deluxe Charging Kit for the Savi W440, W740 & WH500. Includes deluxe USB charger and spare battery.
For additional product and ordering information on Plantronics Wireless products, please visit our website at http://www.comfortcanada.com/Plantronics/plnt_wireless.htm, or contact the Comfort Telecom Canada Calgary office at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 403-239-8414.